Search This Blog

Sunday 24 August 2014

The 'Me In 5 Books Challenge" !

Hi everyone!

I wanted to do something that everyone could do and also give you a bit of an idea of who your reading from, talking to and all that lovely stuff. And that's where the challenge came from. So presenting...

The 'Me In 5 Books Challenge" !!!

Here's the Questions you need to answer and after that you can add on however many questions you want, you can even get back to us and ask us the new Q's you have!!

1. Your favourite book/ series?
2. Your desert island book (the book you couldn't live without)
3. The book that made you love literature.
4. The first book you ever read (not education books :D)
5. The Character in a book that is most like you.

Does it all make sense? I hope so but if you have any questions just ask me. I can't wait to hear some of your answers.

Here's my answers:

1. My favourite book series is 'Starcrossed' by Josephine Angelini. I just love it. The best out of the series is a cross between the first 'Starcrossed' and the third 'Goddess'. The series is about a girl who is descended from Greek gods and has the face of Helen of Troy, who falls in love with a boy who she's meant to kill. It's just amazing, especially because Angelini didn't do what have the authors in the world do and ruin the main relationship in the second book by adding a third party or making the reader think that one of the love interests doesn't care anyone. One, it gets annoying and two my fragile heart can't take it!!


2. The book I absolutely couldn't live without would be 'Howl's Moving Castle' by Diane Wynne Jones. Such a sweet book. It's almost written as one of those old fairy tales. You can practically hear the 'once upon a time...' while you read it. But this book is so much more because even though the style of writing is the whole OUAT format really throughout there is a second story that's never actually written but its hinted at and you don't find out until right at the end that it's actually happening, so you have to reread the whole book and that's when it's like BLOODY HELL that's what was actually going on and I didn't even realise. What I mean is the main protagonist is Sophie a girl who is turned into an old woman by an evil witch and she end up living in a moving castle with a vain wizard named Howl. Because we are reading the story through Sophie's opinions we don't see Howl's story  until right at the end. But I swear its there, really. So I get two stories instead of one. Yay!


3. The book that made me love literature would be 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' by Rick Riordan. Again, it's all about Greek mythology. Honestly if a book has a bit of myth in it then i'm sold. An author would make it pretty hard not for me to fall in love with a Myth Book. This time the story begins with a 12 year old boy who discovers his father is Poseidon, god of the sea and he's sent to Camp Half-blood, a place to keep descendants of the gods safe from monsters. I remember picking up this book from WHSmith and being completely drawn to it. I read the back, saw that it was a children's book about Greek mythology and my mind was blown! I thought if this book is brilliant imagine what else is out there. And that's when my true love of books began, even though I've been reading pretty much my whole life.


4. The first book I ever read (Or the earliest I can remember) would be 'The Twits' by Roald Dahl. A children's book about a horrible married could who play nasty tricks to capture birds and eat them. I have to say Dahl's sense of humour is wicked. Even though it's a children's book I can be seen as dark and twisted. I guess most of his work is. I did love it though, it's like the dark side of children's fiction. The idea of Mr Twits' beard side makes me want to gag to this day. Imagine never washing a really long beard and all the food getting stuck, the smell... Euuggghhhh, NO!! But even though they were horrid people in the end I felt sorry for them. I mean the way they died was terrible. I'm still scared to stand on my head to long. Not that I do that in my spare time. (I lie, I'm actually writing this upside down).


5. A Character from a book that's most like me. If you had asked me this question a year ago i would n;t have been able to give you an answer. I have read Hundreds upon hundreds of books and I have never found one that resembles me a lot. But then I Read 'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell and it was like the world clicked into place. The story is based on a socially awkward girl called Cather who uses writing (fanfiction) to be herself. I'm not a fanfiction obsesser like Cather although I do dabble. But the anxiety and socially awkwardness I can completely relate to. It was especially the part in the book where she explains to her roommate why she won't go to the dinner hall (Or whatever they call it) she says that because she didn't go the first day she now can't go because she'll be the new kid who doesn't know what the rules are. She had already built up mental blocks in her head to not go. Until that point I didn't think anyone felt that way about anything expect me. I get that was about a lot of things and to hear from someone that they understand it was brilliant. Cather worked through it and I'm working through mine and I hope it helped and comforted other people as much as it did me.


So those are my answers. Now it's your turn!!

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and like!!

xoxo
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment