Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Book Review: 'Dark Skye' by Kresley Cole

Hi my Freaky Geeks, it's Rebecca.

Today's review is on a book I just finished reading...

Dark Skye by Kresley Cole.



I've been waiting for this book for a good few months now. I love the entire series. Its so mythological and sexy at the same time. I read the first book about two years ago and it wasn't for another year when I re-read it that I realised there was an entire series to go with the first. BONUS!!

The series is about different couples within the Lore, what they call the mythical creatures that inhabit our world. Every book is a different couple who has been introduced to us slightly from the previous books. My favourite so far has to be 'Dark Desires After Dusk'. A story about a demon called Cadeon who finds out his mate for eternity is a human named Holly. I already knew before even reading that book that I was going to love the character of Cadeon the most, still trying to figure out why. Although the close runner up would have to be 'Demon from the Dark'.

This book is the fourteenth in the series if you count the spin off novel in the Dacian series. I was really looking forward to this book since the scene between Thronos and Lanthe (the main characters in Dark Skye) in the book 'Kiss of A Demon King'. But before I get into it all here's the blurb:

ETERNAL OBSESSION
As a boy, Thronos, prince of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body—and left an even deeper impression on his soul.
ENDLESS YEARNING
Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.
CAN THE HEAT OF DESIRE BURN BRIGHTER THAN VENGEANCE?
With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts?

After reading the book I would say it's an OKAY book for the series. By no means is this a let down. It has just as much stakes as any of the others, the romance between Thronos and Lanthe is just as ooey gooey as the others. I guess I was expecting a lot going into it that inevitably it was a bit of a let down. It wasn't a top contender for me in the series. Without the comparison of the other books from the series I would say it was a good book. The world building that Cole does is top notch. The way that she developed Thronos' character throughout was done well, especially with his injuries he had to face everyday.

However, the story felt almost repetitive throughout. And now I think back over the story I  can't remember much happening. And isn't that the signs of an 'OKAY' book? That it was good, but you can't remember what i was like.

Rating: 3 stars.

What did you thinks of it?

xoxo
Rebecca.

Kresley Coles Page: Here
Amazon: Here
Goodreads: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment