Search This Blog

Thursday 7 August 2014

Film Review: The Inbetweeners 2 (May contain spoilers!!)

Hi my Freaky Geeks, it's Rebecca again here for a film review.

Yesterday I went to the cinema to see what I hoped would be and epic sequel to an amazing film and an amazing series. I have to say that it did not disappoint.

The film...  The Inbetweeners 2.


When I first heard that there was going to be a sequel I probably had the same thought as 99% of the rest of you. This film would suck, like Neil's dad (sorry had to put it in there). And I watched the trailer and thought the same thing. I thought it would be a massive flop. It was made even worse when my brother told me they were going to kill off either Neil or Jay. So with a heavy heart I entered the cinema, paid the £5 it costs with 2 for 1 orange Wednesdays and sat down for what I thought would be the catastrophic ending of the Inbetweeners franchise. Well ten minutes into sitting there someone let off in the theatre, it was absolutely disgusting and kind of befitting for the film as they are all known for the crudeness and 'British' sense of humour. I really wasn't looking forward to it. Then it came on, and it was brilliant. They have serious 'BANTS'.

For those of you who haven't seen anything Inbetweeners, or just watched the rubbish American version then I'll explain. The story is based around four socially awkward friends getting into embarrassing situations. Sounds funny enough, and I promise most of you will be ROFLing until the cows come home. 

Here's the synposis:
Will, Jay, Neil and Simon head Down Under in this raunchy sequel to the record-breaking comedy. Last time we met the Rudge Park posse, they were causing chaos in Malia, Crete. Nearly a year on, Will (Simon Bird), Jay (James Buckley), Neil (Blake Harrison) and Simon (Joe Thomas) have gone their separate ways. Jay is staying with his uncle in Australia. Neil has actually managed to get a job. And Simon and Will are at different universities, but life isn't panning out as they'd hoped. So when Jay emails to say he's now become the biggest DJ in Australia and his life is one long party, the threesome need no encouragement to leap on a plane for a wild Easter break. Creators Damon Beesley and Iain Morris take over as co-directors of this eagerly anticipated sequel to the most successful British comedy of all time. Expect outback mayhem and big laughs!

As per usual Jay is the biggest bullshitter ever. They end up camping out in a two man tent on jay's uncles lawn the first night there. Then, following the advice of an eager Will they travel to Byron Bay where he can fail at trying to pull his first ever crush, while Simon is accused of being a peodophile and desperately tries to break up with his crazy girlfriend (Will and Neil's failed romances aren't explained), Jay tries to get Jane back after she breaks up with him and moves to Australia, and Neil... well he's Neil and has an irritable bowel. We all know where that's going.

I don't want to say much else or I'll spoil it all.

The film is funny from beginning to end. And the ending was pretty, bloody brilliant. Honestly, check out Simon's hair! 

I give it 5 stars!!!
Check it out.

xoxo
Rebecca.

In cinema's everywhere in the UK. Unsure everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment