Search This Blog

Friday 5 September 2014

My Favourite Author- Jennifer L Armentrout/ J Lynn

Hello there everyone, remember me?
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been writing and Jordan has been on interviews and all those lovely things you have to do in the working world. :( sad times.

Anyway, I thought for a quick (or not so quick) little post I'd tell you who my favourite author is. Now I came to this decision because every single book, novel, excerpt I've read of hers has been fan-flipping-tastic!!!!
Be aware there is a lot, A LOT, of love in this post!

Jennifer L Armentrout!!!

It will come to no shock for those of you who have read anything of hers. All her stories are relatable and easy to follow. They aren't clogged down with so much exposition that your eyes glaze over. The plot lines are always interesting the entire way through and every piece of writing is always something I want to read about, it's like she's reading my mind!!

The first ever book I read by her was 'Obsidian'
I stumbled across this on Goodreads a couple of years ago because so many people had this book in their favourites. And there's no doubt that this is now in mine. It's the first book in the 'Lux' series. A series about aliens who live on earth and a girl who finds herself attracted to an alien boy, MAN, an alien man!! At first I thought it was going to be a rip off of Roswell, and I love the 'Roswell' series; books and TV show. So I was extremely surprised when it not only stood on its own but it (dare I say it) surpassed Roswell!! I've gone on to read the entire series and each book is as good as the first. I now have the new books with the sparkly covers. I love them!!

The next series that I love from the young adult side of her work has to be the 'Dark Elements' series.
Bitter Sweet Love is a novella that came out about a month before the first novel. It was a brilliant way to set everything up, and I fell in love with the series straight away. It's all about a world that has guardians who help the world by stopping demons take over (the guardians are gargoyle which I think is amazing because who has ever read a story about gargoyles? If you have tell me!!)

White Hot Kiss was the first novel for the 'Dark Element' series. And I don't know why but every time I say or read the title I'm always reminded of white chocolate at Christmas. Just me?
I didn't know whether I'd like this novel because I loved the main characters in Bitter Sweet Love but I was so wrong. As soon as I read it I had to get the paperback version for the bonus scene. It all revolves around Layla, a crossbreed between gargoyle and demon. Throughout the book she's figuring out who she is in the world as she doesn't fit in, and along the way she's tied between two men; Roth, the demon, and Zayne, the gargoyle. I have to tell you I LOVE ROTH!!!!! Does anyone else love Roth? When the time comes to vote for who she should be with I'm choosing Roth, simply because he liked her for who she was. He didn't make her hide any part of herself, actually he wanted her to embrace it. And he's hot; well he sounds hot. Who doesn't want a sexy bad boy who's sweet, and gooey on the inside. DREAM MAN!!!
I needed the sequel, 'Stone Cold Touch' like yesterday!!!

Not only does she write young adult fantasy fiction but she also writes new adult romances under the name J Lynn. And this may be my favourite side of her.

The 'Gamble Brothers' series was amazing. The three books was about three brothers falling in love.
 The first about Chase Gamble falling in love with his childhood friends at her brother's wedding. I actually read this after the second book. And I love, love, love, love it!

The second was about Chad Gamble, an athlete who needs a fake wife for publicity. I read this first and I loved the character of Bridget. Actually her character was the reason I dyed my hair red. I wanted to try it for years and the confidence she carried in the story made me go for it. P.S I loved my hair red by the way (even though it is now brown).
The third was about Chandler Gamble who falls in love with the woman he's meant to be guarding. I waited longer than a year for this!! I almost went mad. The publishing date was being pushed back again and again but eventually they brought it out and I was super happy!

Frigid was the second book from J Lynn's collection I read and during the time it was a stand alone novel, even though I really wanted a sequel, and now there is one! It's a classic romantic story about a playboy whose in love with his shy best friend, and she's secretly in love with him too.

And lastly, my favourite series out of the bunch would have to be the 'Wait For You' series. It's just an amazing series. Each book has a touch of tragedy that counteract all the gooey romance. And I'm just in love.
The first novel, 'Wait For You' and novella, 'Trust In Me' is about Cam and Avery who meet each other on Avery's first day of college. Just the cookies and turtles and acceptance is awwww. I really want a collection of turtles now and name them all after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Honestly the song has been stuck in my head since I've read this book. But as they say, a turtle is not just for Christmas :( I bought the first book second hand because I wanted the American covers, and when I opened it up it was signed, BONUS!
The second book is about Cam's sister, Theresa, and his best friend, Jase. Jack completely stole the book for me. Sooo cute!

I now honestly cannot wait for the third book that's out at the end of this month. I've read every sneak peek, entered every giveaway (to no success) I just need it like I need air.

And that's it! Whew that took quite a while, but they are all such amazing book I had to get them in there. If you're looking for something new to read I'd seriously check out this lady's work. 

Now to sit and wait for the next release. Hurry Please!!!!

Don't forget to like, comment, subscribe!

xoxo
Rebecca

Jennifer Armentrout's page: here
Her goodreads page:here

No comments:

Post a Comment